Thursday 11 July 2013

Breakfast Sandwich - Burrito-style

"Why don't you make Heuvos Fagiole and I'll take the morning off?" suggests Raul.

"No problem," says Drew. "I'll make it spicier this time. I don't really feel like pasta but maybe I'll get corn chips and put them on a bed of them. Or torilla chips."

"We don't have processed chips in the house," notes Raul.

"Have you ever had chili in a corn chip bag?" asks Drew while Raul heads to the kitchen. "I had it several times at that Cowgirl restaurant in New York. It was delicious but probably not at all good for you or practical. I could go and get tortillas and . . ." Meanwhile Raul is working the mini-food processor.  He blends up some of the fagolie sauce to create a paste and then fries it into refried beans Portuguese-style. Three eggs are beaten together with parsley and green onions and then fried into a verdant thin omelette. An avocado is whirred into a paste. The three elements are spread onto a pita and rolled up tight into tasty burritos. "Maybe tortillas would be too crunchy," muses Drew.

"Breakfast is served," says Raul.

No comments:

Post a Comment